Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The D. Samuel Gottesman Library has a site license for EndNote bibliographic management tool bibliographic management software.
- Gather references from many online resources.
- Format in-text citations and bibliographies in your manuscript
- Store PDFs of articles
Move Select References from an EndNote Library to RefWorks
- In EndNote, select references to export. Go to File > Export. Output Style = EndNote Export. File will have a .txt extension.
- In RefForks go to References > Import > From Text file. Import Filter/Data Source = EndNote View. Click Import
Move an Entire EndNote Library to RefWorks
- Make a not of where your EndNote Library is saved on your computer.
- In RefWorks go to References > Import From EndNote Database. Select your EndNote Library. It will have a .enl extension. Click Import.
Transfer RefWorks References to EndNote
- In RefWorks go to References > Export. Indicate references to include. Export Format = Bibliographic Software (EndNote, ReferenceManager, Procite). Click Export.
- In EndNote go to File > Import > File. Choose the file that was exported from RefWorks. Import Option = RefMan (RIS). Click Import.
Zotero is a free citation management tool that allows users to collect, manage and cite research resources. Users can also create collections/libraries for specific research projects, share data with collaborators, and generate bibliographies.
Learn more about Zotero.
Mendeley is a free citation management tool that can be accessed on the web or installed on a computer. The desktop version is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Sync your Mendeley database across multiple computers.
Learn more about Mendeley.
Faculty of 1000 (F1000) Workspace
Sciwheel is a platform for scientists to collect, write & discuss scientific literature. References and full-text PDFs can be imported from databases such as PubMed. Sciwheel also includes tools for annotating and sharing PDFs. The plugin for Microsoft Word allows users to insert citations into documents and create formatted bibliographies. To enable roaming access, use your Einstein email address when creating your account.
Learn more about Sciwheel.